Pages

Monday, June 2, 2014

Give Thanks

This past week, my siblings an I were able to attend a conference in Nashville Tennessee. We had an amazing time. One of the best messages we heard was one on thankfulness. Have you ever notices that in 2 Timothy 3, God puts un-thankfulness on the same level as un-holiness?
2 Timothy 3:2: For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
Wow! Being thankful is a big deal to God.
One saying that Gabe said many times through his sermon, has been in my mind ever since Friday morning. This is what he said: “Every irritation, in an invitation, to enter into the presence of God, when received with thanksgiving.” Every time something irritates me now, Gabe’s voice comes back into my head saying this. It is then that I have to make a choice whether to give in to the flesh to gripe, complain and be unthankful. Or to let the Holy Spirit lead me in to a wonderful time of praise and thanksgiving to God.
The Bible says, ‘In every thing give thank:’ (1 Thess 5:18) Everything, means everything. The good and the bad.
Since this has been on my mind, today I took the time to make a poster with that saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a few words for me!